The fourth weekly Legion Q&A with Josh Allen and Craig Amai is all about Artifacts and Class Order Halls. Here is our recap.
Next weeks Q&A will be with Senior Game Designer Jeremy Feasel talking about World Quests and the Demon Invasion Event. Place your questions on Twitter using #LegionQA hashtag or jump on the forums (US / EU). As usual you can watch the Q&A on Thursday, July 14 11:00 a.m. PDT / 8:00 p.m. CEST.
Highlights (for Raiders)
- Class Order Halls will be enhanced in future patches
- There will be more artifact appearances in the future and you can keep them throughout the next expansion
- You can respecc your artifact, but it is expensive. This is not something that should be possible for every boss.
- Classes do feel good without Artifact Weapon, but is most fun on max level. Just like with Talents when you level up a character.
- Potentially Artifact can be part of class balancing actions during future patches
- Patches could possibly add more perks to Artifacts but the Developers first want to see, how them play out in general
- There are no port-spells to your Order Hall because the Devs simply feel like they are not needed. Dalaran should be the center for all players (Auction House, Transmog-NPC, etc.) – so travelling to your Class Order Hall through Dalaran is the way to go. (It’s NOT your Garrison)
- Class Order Hall gives rested XP
Artifact Knowledge / Power in Detail:
- Every activity you do on Legion brings you Artifact Power
- Artifact Traits cost more and more Power as you level up your weapon
- Artifact Knowledge can be gained trough the Class Order Hall. You need ressources to gain it through follower missions.
- Artifact Knowledge increases the rate at which you gain Artifact Power
- The Work Orders will complete a lot faster some months into Legion
- Artifact Knowledge is not account-wide, you should not have to play an alt
- The developers expect players to need a few months until you have completely leveld out a artifact
- Artifact Power Level is not a requirement for certain content, but itemlevel still is. Putting Relics into your Artifact Weapon rises its itemlevel