It was once again Watcher’s take to answer the community’s questions in a new round of Legion Q&A. Here is our summary on the important points for raiders.
To get all the information, we recommend to watch the VoD:
Our Q&A Highlights
The next Q&A live stream will be with Brian Holinka on PvP, followed by an announcement from the WoW eSports team.
Patch 7.1.5 in retrospective
- The Dev’s are quite happily with their changes to secondary stats with 7.1.5.
- Item level is a way better indicator than before.
- However some special cases remain, like Arcano Crystal 860. This may be replaced with Tomb of Sargeras Trinkets
Relics with Patch 7.2
- Once you complete the Patch 7.2 stages of your Order Hall Campaign, the final new research will enable a second trait on every Relic you have or will obtain
- Those second traits will be random for each Relic
- This should add more layers of customization
- And will make several Relics much more interesting
- The second, random trait will always be a throughput trait
- No double traits on a Relic
- Bad Luck Protection will be much more spec specific with 7.2. Example: if you do have four fire Legendaries and switch to Frost, the system will assume you do have zero oranges and the Bad Luck Protection will come in effect
- Balance among various Legendaries is an ongoing topic, changes for balancing will most likely happen
- Craftable Legendaries should not be BiS ones, they are meant as a bonus for crafters
- The Dev’s goal is that players can switch Legendaries on different fights
Artifact Power And Knowledge
- Activities within the game should always help you with at least a little goal, that’s why AP will be relevant for the complete expansion
- Knowing, there is a finish line emphasizes the feeling of being behind for other players
- The Dev’s never planed players to play the game solely for AP, they hope to change that with 7.2 and the planed changes on Artifact Power Rewards.
- AP will not be Class-wide. Not going to happen.
- The changes coming with 7.2 will narrow the gap between players that focus on a single weapon and the players with two weapons.
- Raids will not be tuned around the final trait
- New AK catch up mechanic coming up
Tier 20 Sets
- The current bonuses on the PTR are very early collections of ideas. They fore sure will change.
- T19 2piece and T20 4piece could happen but might not be worth it.
Hardcore And Competitive Play
- Good players are valuable and hard to find and should not be benched because of bad Legendaries. Bring the player not the gear!
- Guilds have risen and fallen over the complete life-span of World of Warcaft. This does not mean, every player quits, but because the officers do feel like they can no longer keep up a stable roster and quit. The other players spread across the remaining guilds.
- The Dev’s know about how annoying the grind for AP and Legendaries was and hoping to improve that with 7.2
- It is not the Dev’s job to design the game for the small percentage of hardcore players to a certain extent.
- There is a difference between what’s mandatory from a hardcore guilds perspective and what’s sustainable. But that’s the guild’s faults and not Blizzards.
- The game is not meant to be played for 80 hours per week for several months.
- Limiting the attempts on a boss won’t help that much, as the guilds would bring Twinks and other players would be punished / blocked.
- Group Buffs are for flavor, not mandatory to defeat a boss
- Cool, new Tank trinkets coming with Tomb of Sargeras