Legion is out for almost 10 weeks so time to take a look at what is next for World of Warcraft! And that’s a lot – like Patch 7.1.5 and of course 7.2 with the all new Tomb of Sargeras raid!
- Highest priority is providing a steady stream of content. This means a lot of content but also pacing it out properly
- Azeroth should be a living world
- There could be more medium-size patches in future. No new raid tier but still enough enjoyable content
- A small patch for Legion, which will polish evergreen content: rewards, system updates, removing gating barriers to existing content
- Will add Mists of Pandaria Timewalking, all six dungeons prepared, happening through a weekly event
- Return of the Brawler’s Guild
- Dozens of new bosses!
- Rumbles – chaotic raid battles: a raid level boss can spawn and pull all players currently playing in the Brawler’s Guild
- New currency: Brawler’s Gold, can be spent for perks to enhance social experience within the guild
- New Rewards: lots and lots of shirts and a Basilisk Mount!
- Micro Holidays: smaller festivities to create a living world, like:
- Ahn’Qiraj Rememberance Day
- Volunteer Guard Day: show some love for your Stormwind Guard!
- Hatching of the Hippogryphs
- Boat Day: Azeroth’s very own Spring Break. Just enjoy yourself!
- Blade’s Edge Arena Update
- Class Updates: the Devs want to adress some problems with current class designs
- secondary stats scaling
- increasing talent diversity
- make mechanical improvements to make rotations feel better
- add / return utility: return of traps for Marksman Hunters!
Patch 7.1.5 will be on the PTR right after BlizzCon.
Patch 7.2: Tomb of Sargeras
- We will return to the Tomb of Sargeras!
- Continue the Class Order Hall Campaign
- New Faction: Armies of Legionfall
- New World Quests
- Return to the Broken Shore: you will be able to build a base to support your fight in the Tomb of Sargeras!
- The Legion strikes back: Legion Invasions all over the Broken Isles. All World Quests will be disabled but participating in the invasions will count towards the emmisary quests.
- After defeating the forces on ground, you will be able to enter a scenario to battle the Legion in the massive airship
- Flying will be added in Patch 7.2
- Custom Class Mounts!
- New raid zone after Nighthold: The Tomb of Sargeras
- we descend into the Tomb of Sargeras, the former Temple of Elune. We get to see the underground structures, facing some allies of Queen Azshara
- 9 boss raid
- we try to seal the tomb once and for all
- Harness the Pillars of Creation
- endboss will be Kil’Jaeden himself!
- New Dungeon: Cathedral of Eternal Night
- 4 encounter instance, will have all difficulties, including Mythic+
- PvP Brawls
- inspired by other Blizzard games’ Brawl modes
- Based on timed events
- many Brawls planned like Southshore vs. Tarren Mill or Packed House: 15v15 in a single Arena or a Battleground without gravity or a completely frozen Arathi Basin
- A total of 15 new points to be spent in your weapon, new
- New knowledge levels and a catch-up for AK
- Relics that can alter two traits at the same time
- Continuation of the artifact questline, and a new solo appearance for each weapon
- Dungeon Updates
- Heroic / Mythic dungeons will be adjusted in difficulty and rewards
- Karazhan will be broken down in Upper and Lower Karazhan, adding Mythic+ and a Heroic difficulty for Dungeon Finder
- Court of Stars and Arcway will be up on the Dungeon Finder
Will be on PTR right after 7.1.5 gets released!
They journey is not over after 7.2! We will to get to travel to Argus and kick that Legion’s ass once and for all! No details on that yet though, let’s wait for the Q&A. Or the future.
New Charity Pet: Fel Kitty
- Available in December, in cooperation with Make a Wish Foundation