The final raid for the first Tier of Legion is here: The Nighthold! Here is a quick guide on Loot, Boss order and the instance’s entrance.
The Nighthold is located in Suramar and centered around the Nightwell itself. The fount of massive arcane power has attracted all-time favorite World of Warcraft villain Gul’dan himself, who serves as the final boss of the instance. You do not have to complete the Suramar campaign to enter the raid instance, but it’s highly recommended as it rewards you with an insane amount of Artifact Power, once you have defeated Gul’dan.
Enter The Nighthold: The Instance Portal
The Nighthold’s entrance is located in the caves under Suramar and shares a meeting stone with The Arcway.
If you do have completed the Suramar Quests, getting to the Nighthold’s entrance is quite easy:
- Visit Shal’Aran (the flight point is called Meredil!) and take the portal to Sanctum of Order (1).
- Leave the portal room and turn right (2)
- Pass the Meeting Stone for The Arcway and enter the hole in the wall behind – just as if you would want to go to the Arcway (2)
- Turn right and run down the ramps to the instance portal (3)
If you do not have unlocked the teleport, this video might be helpful.
The Nighthold Bosses And Order
The Nighthold has a total of 10 boss fights in store for us. The first three and the last two bosses are in fixed order but they will be most likely played in the following order:
- Skorpyron (fixed, Guide)
- Chronomatic Anomaly (fixed, Guide)
- Trilliax (fixed, Guide)
- Spellblade Aluriel (Guide)
- Star Augur Etraeus (Guide)
- High Botanist Tel’arn (Guide)
- Krosus (Guide)
- Tichondrius (Guide)
- Elisande (fixed, Guide)
- Gul’dan (fixed, Guide)
The linked guides will take you to wowhead.com and are done by FatBossTV.
Loot and Item Level Scaling
We did a more extensive guide on the Nighthold’s item level scaling, here is just the overview:
|High Botanist Tel’arn||860||875||890||905|
|Star Augur Etraeus||860||875||890||905|
|Titanforged Cap: 925
Tier Set Tokens: Where Do They Drop?
|Gloves||Star Augur Etraeus|
Add one more day for the EU servers:
- Tuesday, January 17: Nighthold Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
- Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
- Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
- Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
- Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.