A live Q&A was hosted during Blizzcon tonight bringing up some more tiny bits of news on Battle for Azeroth. Here are the highlights!
- Warfronts will be up occasionally, almost like events. They won’t be up weekly but on a larger time frame
- Rewards are powerful enough to do Warfronts multiple times
- They will take most likely a bit longer than a dungeon
- Yes there will be a squish as it happened in WoD
- Your character will not be less powerful relative to your opponents
Heart of Azeroth
- The core idea of Artifacts lives on in this new system for character progression
- Heart of Azeroth is in fact specc-independent!
- Azerite is leveling up your Heart of Azerite, and not the respective items
Titanforged and Legendaries
- There will be tweaks but no core changes to the system
- You know, excitement and joy!
- The impact of this system on raiding guilds shall be a lot less
- The Legendary System as we know it right now will die with the Legion
Story and Leveling
- Jaina is… complicated
- she is not evil but damaged
- Flying may be unlocked the way it played out during Legion
- Both factions have different motivations to tackle different raid bosses
- Starting zones will be unaffected by events like the burning of Teldrassil
- the respective areas will be phased
- Demon Hunters will still be important even though the Legion is destroyed. Is it?
- They are back for some nostalgia!
- this should lead to more balanced raid setups, each class should be needed
- Warlords Timewalking will totally happen during the next Expansion
- Heirlooms will still be relevant
- Timewalking keystone dungeons could totally be a thing
- No changes to the current philosophy: not account-wide completely but things like Dungeons or World Quests will be
- More features coming with 8.0!
Questlog and Bags
- No plans on increasing the limit of 25 quests
- If you have the Authenticator activated, you will have more backpack space
Worgen and Goblins
- The team is working on the reworks but they won’t make it for 8.0
- More slots are coming per server!
- The ultimate goal is to have a single App for World of Warcraft
Communities and Guild Features
- Character-based and still faction based. We are war!
- If you want it cross-faction, go and make it on Battle.net level
- No tools in the works to help guild recruitment
- The 200 Battle.net friends limit may be increased in the nearer future
- The team looks into an possibility to trade consumables cross-realm in raids
World of Warcraft: Classic
- A lot of open questions and discussions. The team has no clear plan yet which version is the “right version of Vanilla”
- The team aims to create the level 1-60 experience most perfectly