Let’s have a look at all the consumables for endgame PvE in Legion and what has changed for Food, Pots, Flasks and Runes.
As with every expansion, Legion changes the professions a lot. Most important things for endgame PvE however remain the same: bufffood, flasks and potions are still there and still are a must have for every serious player. And yes, there will be Augment Runes in Legion.
There are several stages of buff food in Legion, so be sure to get the big ones which give you +375 on a second stat.
- Haste +375: Azshari Salad
- Critical Strike +375: The Hungry Magister
- Mastery +375: Nightborne Delicacy Platter
- Versatility +375: Seed-Battered Fish Plate
If you can afford it, you might put up a Lavish Suramar Feast for your raid team, it will give you +500 of your primary stat. Protip for tanks: if you do not want to get a Stamina buff, just switch your spec before eating.
Nothing changed regarding Flasks this time. Just a plain buff for your primary stat for one hour (two hours for Alchemists)
- Stamina: Flask of Ten Thousand Scars
- Strength: Flask of the Countless Armies
- Intellect: Flask of the Whispered Pact
- Agility: Flask of the Seventh Demon
Potions will work a bit different in Legion. While there are still ones to instantly give you Mana, Health or Bonus Armor, the system will change for Damage Dealers. There are only two potions left, giving a bonus on your damage dealt instead of buffing a primary stat.
Offensive: Bonus Damage For Melee And Ranged or Primary Stat
- Damage bonus for melee: Potion of the Old War
- Damage bonus for ranged: Potion of Deadly Grace
- +1.000 Primary Stat for 60 seconds: Potion of Prolonged Power
Defensive: Self-Heal, Bonus Armor and Mana Restoration
- Bonus Armor: Unbending Potion
- Ancient Healing Potion / Aged Health Potion
- Spirit Berries / Ancient Mana Potion
- Leytorrent Potion
- Ancient Rejuvenation Potion
Runes, More Runes
Legion will add a new type of runes to the game: a Vantus Rune is created by Inscription and boosts your Versatility (yessssss) against one very specific boss for the entire week.
For the current raid content you might want to use Vantus Rune: Tomb of Sargeras.
First Aid, Engineering and Healthstone
Of course, the Healthstone is still there in Legion. Engineers can craft a fun item you can use if your fellow raid members refuse to use their own selfheals.