Game Director Ion Hazzikostas shared some news for raiders in yesterday’s Q&A stream. Here’s our summary.
Rewatch the Q&A Stream
Highlights for raiding players
Ion did not talk a lot about gear and class balance but there will be a specific Q&A stream on Patch 7.2.5 next month.
Raid zones and testing
- Tomb of Sargeras raid will open mid to late June
- There will be another round of raid testing on every difficulty
- Mythic Elisande and Gul’Dan will probably be nerfed in the near future
- This will not be the last raid of Legion, Patch 7.3 will take us to Argus and hold a new raid zone
- Note: Patch 7.3 will release at the end of the year, according to a PCGamer interview
Loot and Legendaries
- If you do have all Legendaries for one spec you will get a random one for your offspecs. Of course, you still can change your loot spec to target a specific item.
- Item level cap will be raised by 30 on every tier
- Rewards for Mythic+ will be raised up to Level 15 on the first mythic week of ToS
- Item level for Legendaries will be raised up to 970
- You will be able to upgrade your Legendaries, the process will be a bit easier than it was the last time
Classes and Buffs
- The team is not happy about the fact that some classes need supportive buffs from other classes to perform well
- Make Discipline more independent from Innervate is a big goal for example
- On the other hand, you should want to have one player of each class in the raid. It should be rewarding to work as a team and play cooperatively
- The Devs still try to find the right balance on that
Black Temple Timewalking Raid
- Will be tied to the Burning Crusade Timewalking event
- The team plans to have one timewalking raid for every event in the future