There is a lot of confusion regarding loot and item levels in Mythic+ dungeons and the weekly chest. Here is our guide to clarify!
Mythic+ Dungeons are a new feature introduced with Legion and they were announced as an alternate path to raiding. They are a pretty solid way to gear your character and most of the top raiding guilds even found chain running them more effective than doing heroic split raids. But, there are two major questions about Loot in Mythic+ that are causing a lot of confusion. Here are the answers:
When And How Much Loot Do I Get Loot in Mythic+ Dungeons?
- You do not get any loot from Bosses or trashmobs during your run, regardless of difficulty
- You do get at least one and up to three loot chests at the end of each run, depending on your performance:
- One chest is guaranteed upon completion of a mythic+ dungeon, no matter if you have made it in time or not
- To get two chests, you must beat the timer by 20%
- To get three chests, you have to be 40% faster than the timer
- The chests upon completion are personal loot and contain guaranteed two items for your whole group
- Everyone gets some AP from the chests at the end of the run
- After every weekly reset, you will get an item through your Grand Challenger’s Bounty – the big chest that can be found in your Class Order Hall
Note: take a look at the addon MythicPlusTimer which will show you the timers for 2 and 3 chests as well!
What Itemlevel Does Mythic+ Loot Have?
At first glance, this is where it gets complicated. TL;DR is: the weekly loot is significantly better and all loot is capped at level +10. The quality of the item in your weekly chest is determined by the highest difficulty you have completed the last week. And it is not important if you have beaten the timer.
In other words: if you manage to complete a mythic +8 dungeon your chest will contain an 925 item after the next reset – even if it took you 5 hours or more to complete the run.
|Mythic Level||On completion||Weekly chest|
Note: The rewarded items can be titanforged 925, of course!
Note #2: Updated for Patch 7.2
Note #3: Updated for Patch 7.2.5
Note #4: Updated for Patch 7.3
Artifact Power Rewards for Mythic +
Patch 7.2 changed the way, Artifact Power is rewarded for Mythic Keystone runs. We have done another small guide on how much artifact power you get upon completing mythic plus / through your weekly chest. This data is not yet updated for 7.3!