The Netherlight Crucible is a new way to modify your Artifact Relics – here is a quick guide!
Modify Relics With the Netherlight Crucible
The core concept of the Crucible is quite simple:
- Before Patch 7.3 you simply sold any shit relic to the vendor
- Since Patch 7.3 you can pray to RNGsus that he gifts you useful enhancements from the Netherlight Crucible
How to unlock the Netherlight Crucible
First of all, you have to unlock the Crucible by:
- waiting three weeks into the new patch
- unlock all three zones on Argus by questing
- your Artifact has to be level 52 to unlock Tier 1
- Tier 2 and 3 of relic customization is tied to your Artifact’s level;
First Relic: Tier 2 at Artifact Level 60, Tier 3 at 69
Second Relic: Tier 2 at Artifact Level 63, Tier 3 at 72
Third Relic: Tier 2 at Artifact Level 66, Tier 3 at 75
Yes. That means, you will have to farm Artifact Power if you want to modify relics. Good thing though: Artifact Knowledge will increase automatically with Patch 7.3!
Each Relic Gets Three Tiers to Unlock
Once you have unlocked the Netherlight Crucible, you will be able to tune all your relics, that you have currently put in your weapon simply by right clicking the Crucible on the Vindicaar. The interface has a slot for unused relics from your bags as well.
- The first tier for every relic simply boosts your Artifact’s itemlevel by +5 (so… +15 in total)
- The second tier on each relic will let you choose between two different options, all randomly rolled from a variety of buffs or effects:
- Master of Shadows: +500 Mastery, +500 Avoidance
- Murderous Intent: +1500 Versatility while Concordance is active
- Dark Sorrows: Abilities / spells have a chance to afflict the target with Sorrow, causing it to burst after 8 sec., dealing 133100 Shadow damage
- Torment the Weak: Abilities / spells have a chance to deal 80000 Shadow damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times
- Chaotic Darkness: Abilities / spells have a chance to deal 60000 to 300000 Shadow damage and heal you for 60000 to 300000
- Shadowbind: Spells / abilities have a chance to deal 200000 Shadow damage and heal you for the same amount
- Light Speed: +500 Haste, +500 Movement Speed
- Shocklight: +1500 Critical Strike while Concordance is active
- Secure in the Light: Harmful spells / abilities have a chance to deal 13500 additional damage and grant you Holy Bulwark, absorbing 13500 damage over 8 sec.
- Infusion of Light: spells / abilities have a chance to deal holy damage / heal for 101000
- Light’s Embrace: Upon taking damage you have a chance to receive Light’s Embrace, healing you for 45500 over 6 sec, stacks up to 5 times
- Refractive Shell: Spells / abilities have a chance to cause Refractive Shell, absorbing 300000 damage over 10 sec.
- The third tier will give you another set of three options for each of your relic: you will be able to choose new ranks for existing minor traits
Still confused? Well, we did a little video!
Netherlight Crucible Video Guide
Nehterlight Crucible FAQ
Still confused? Well, we started to do a FAQ collection!
Q: Will this work with relics I have looted before 7.3 and does it make sense to keep then in the bags?
A: This system will work with relics obtained before 7.3. And it may be useful to keep at least the ones with good itemlevel for the moment.
Q: How should loot councils deal with this system?
A: If you are responsible for loot distribution in your raid… just run. Run fast and run far.